RegistrationTickets can be purchased securely online from KarensCookies.net. A link will be provided from this site when they're available. Tickets will go on sale October 1st, 2013. We are limited to 450 spots.
For more information about registration date, refunds, etc. please click here.
Registration FeeThe registration fee for the convention is $239. For your registration fee, you will receive:
Elizabeth Adams • Arty McGoo
A true artist in every sense of the word, Elizabeth enjoys all forms of art: Painting, photography, papier mache, and paper crafting, to name a few. When she decorates cookies, the worlds of art and cookies truly collide. She regularly amazes with her gorgeous hand-painted cookies, while her unique style and fun personality spill out into her cookies and blog.
She will be kicking off CookieCon 2014 as the keynote speaker, as only Arty McGoo can!
Tentative Schedule (subject to change)Thursday March 20th
- 1:00pm - 5:30pm: Registration, meet and greet, hotel check-in, and set up cookie show entries in upstairs, pre-function area
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm: Welcome, Keynote Speech, Introductions, Housekeeping
Friday March 21st
Vendors will be available during the day to visit between classes. Attendees will be given schedules with specific classes in each of the time slots below. All attendees will be given the opportunity to go to each presenter's class. This will be an intense but fun day, full of great instruction, demos, and presentations.
- 7:00am - 8:00am: Vendor Booth Set-up
- 8:00am - 8:45am: Late comer registration and Cookie Show set-up (2nd Floor Event Area)
- 9:00am - 9:45am: First Class
- 10:00am - 10:45am: Second Class
- 11:00am - 11:45pm: Third Class
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Fourth Class
- 1:00pm - 1:45pm: Break for Lunch
- 2:00pm - 2:45pm: Fifth Class
- 3:00pm - 3:45pm: Sixth Class
- 4:00pm - 4:45pm: Seventh Class
- 5:00pm - 5:45pm: Eighth Class
Saturday March 22nd
- 7:00am - 8:00am: Vendor Booth Set-up
- 8:00am - 5:00pm: Open Decorating, decorate mystery shape for contest (optional), finish voting, visit vendors, available round table sessions
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm: Ballroom will be closed while it is being set up for the banquet. Go see some sights or freshen up for dinner
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm: Awards Banquet *
- 9:00pm - 10:00pm: Visit with your friends, take down cookie displays
Sugar ShowAll attendees are eligible to enter the Sugar Show, and all skill levels are welcome and encouraged to enter. Voting will take place among the attendees, and cash prizes will be awarded to the first three places in each category. First place in each category will receive $100, Second Place $75 and third place $50. There will also be a Presenters' Choice Award given by each of our guest instructors, for even more winners. Our categories are:
- Spring: Itís that time of year - flowers are blooming!
- Once Upon a Time: Let fairy tales, fables, and stories inspire.
- Home Sweet Home: Where are you from? Represent your hometown, state, or country. What makes your home special?
- Anything Goes: Let your imagination run wild! (Must be G or PG rated!)
- Mystery Shape: The shape will be unveiled and decorated AT CookieCon!
Rules for Submissions
You are allowed to submit one entry per category. Each entry may have multiple cookies, but must contribute to a single "design" and may not have more than 6 total cookies. For example, a 3D cookie composition would be allowed. Also, a "main" cookie with some supportive cookies nearby would be allowed. Likewise, a pair of cookies that "go together" would also be allowed. All multiple-cookie entries must be placed together so that it is obvious that it is a single entry.
Finally one more clarification. The cookies will be judged based on the design only - NOT the taste. No cookies will actually be eaten at the event :)
Click here to learn more about other fun activities available at CookieCon!
* Dress code for the Awards Banquet is casual. Wear what's comfortable. Also, if you will be attending, please contact us with any special diatary needs you may have. If you let us know we can provide you with a gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan option.